Call for Submissions: Fiction
The Editorial Collective
The SFRA Review welcomes well-written and carefully-edited pieces of short fiction that conform to the following guidelines:
- Stories (or poetry, drama, etc.) should be no more than 4000 words
- Submissions must be original work that has not been previously published; if, for example, it has been previously posted on a blog or similar medium, please include a note explaining when and where.
- Submissions should be clearly recognizable as SFF
- Submissions should not be thinly-disguised social or political rants
- Submissions should be clearly germane to the issue’s topic
- Microsoft World .docx files only. If you are unable to access Word, please use
- Google Docs.
- All files must include a brief (<100 word) bio of the author and proper
- contact information
- All stories must be sent as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Fiction Submission: Summer 2021”.
Stories will be read and edited by at least two members of the collective. We will be much more likely to reject submissions out of hand than to request revisions, though we may do the latter.
The Summer issue’s symposium is on Mormonism and SFF, so for the Summer issue we are requesting submissions that are related to one of the following:
- societies/states that are theocratic or otherwise dominated by religion
- conquest/erasure of Indigenous populations by settler colonialism
Subsequent issues will have different topics: each of these will be revealed in the immediately previous issue.