Call for Submissions: Fiction
The Editorial Collective
The SFRA Review welcomes well-written and carefully edited pieces of short fiction that conform to the following guidelines:
- Submissions (stories, poetry, drama, etc.) should be no more than 4000 words.
- Submissions must be original works that have not been previously published; if, for example, a submission has been previously posted on a blog or similar medium, please include a note explaining when and where.
- Submissions should be clearly recognizable as SFF.
- Submissions should not be thinly disguised social or political rants.
- Submissions should be clearly germane to the issue’s topic.
- Submit Microsoft Word .docx files only. If you are unable to access Word, please use Google Docs.
- All files must include a brief (100 words or fewer) bio of the author and proper contact information; however, stories can be published under a pseudonym.
- All stories must be sent as attachments to email@example.com with the subject “Fiction Submission: Autumn 2021”.
Stories will be read and edited by at least two members of the collective. We will be much more likely to reject submissions out of hand than to request revision, though we may do the latter.
The Autumn issue does not have a particular topic, so feel free to submit stories on whatever topic you desire.
Subsequent issues will have different topics which will be revealed in the issues immediately preceding them.